The purpose of the Project is to replace the existing 18-inch and 16-inch steel transmission pipelines within Eureka Road between Barton Road and Providence Lane. These pipelines are over 50 years old and were identified through District’s planning efforts for replacement based on number of leaks, low pressure occurrences, and high head losses in pipelines.
The Project includes replacing approximately 850 feet of 18-in and 3,070 feet of 16-in of existing, old, and leaking steel water pipeline with a new 18-in Ductile Iron pipeline on the north side of Eureka Road. The Project also includes the following:
- Installation of Isolation valves, combination air valves, and blow-offs
- Connections to existing pipelines on both east and west ends of new pipeline
- Connections to existing distribution (lateral) pipelines ranging in size from 6 inches to 12 inches
- Installation of residential and commercial service connections
- Installation of fire hydrants and connections to existing fire hydrants
- Abandonment of the existing pipelines
The contractor will be working Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Water outages will be scheduled throughout the project in order to transition water services and smaller distribution water mains to the new 18-in water main. Road closures and traffic delays will occur periodically during the progress of construction.
Construction was originally planned to begin on August 1, 2022 and be completed by December 31, 2022. However, due delays caused primarily by material shortages, construction is currently not expected to begin until February 2023.