Board members are elected by a vote of the people. They are compensated with a flat per-meeting stipend set according to state law for the time they spend on San Juan business. This is common practice for special districts throughout the State of California. Details on compensation of our district and the surrounding districts can be found here.
Staff and board member compensation information can also be found on the State Controller's PublicPay website.
- Carmichael Water District – $152 per meeting, no benefits
- Citrus Heights Water District – $145 per day up to 10 per month, no benefits
- Del Paso Manor – $200 per meeting up to 10 per month, $35.24/month contribution to health benefits
- El Dorado Irrigation District - $1,250 flat monthly, full healthcare insurance and 85% of dependent premium paid, up to $5,000 under a Medical Reimbursement Program, $20,000 life insurance
- Fair Oaks Water District - $100 per day up to 10 per month, no benefits
- Placer County Water Agency - $950 flat monthly, full dental and vision, $24,000 life insurance
- Rio Linda Water District - $100 per day up to 6 per month, no benefits
- Sacramento Suburban Water District - $100 per day up to 10 per month, no benefits
- San Juan Water District - $125 per day up to 10 per month, no benefits