Current Water Efficiency Stage
Storage levels in Folsom Reservoir are above average for this time of year. San Juan Water District has adequate supplies to meet projected customer demand in 2023.
Because most of the water used in San Juan Water District is for watering residential landscapes, one of the most effective ways to become more efficient with your water use is to convert lawns to river-friendly landscaping. For more information about how to do so, visit this webpage. Rebates are available, and information can be found here.
The following requirements are always in effect:
- Water shall be used for beneficial purposes only; all unnecessary and wasteful uses of water are prohibited.
- Water shall be confined to the customer’s property and shall not be allowed to run-off to adjoining properties or to the roadside ditch or gutter. Care shall be taken not to water past the point of saturation.
- Free-flowing hoses for all uses are prohibited. Automatic shut-off devices shall be attached on any hose or filing apparatus in use.
- Leaking customer pipes or faulty sprinklers shall be repaired within 5 working days or less if warranted by the severity of the problem.
- All pools, spas, and ornamental fountains/ponds shall be equipped with a recirculation pump and shall be constructed to be leak-proof. Pool draining and refilling shall be allowed only for health, maintenance, or structural considerations.
- Washing streets, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, or buildings, except as necessary for health, esthetic or sanitary purposes, is prohibited.
- Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the District’s water efficiency programs and rebates.
San Juan Water District Water Efficiency Landscape (WEL) Garden
Located at 9935 Auburn Folsom Road in Granite Bay, this garden has something for all. Peaceful sitting areas are located throughout the garden area. Enjoy the tranquil pond surrounded by Asia-inspired plants. Tired of turf? Get inspiration from our various hardscape demonstrations and turf alternatives. Efficient irrigation demonstrations are featured throughout the garden, which is ever changing by incorporating new technologies and landscape designs. The WEL garden is open for free self-guided tours from 8:30 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday. If you would like more information or would like to schedule a group tour please call 916-791-2663.