3/18/2020 UPDATE on certain services provided by the District's Water Efficiency Staff
In light of the health concerns we now face, staff will be reducing services offered to customers through April 2020. Rebates and landscape irrigation reviews will be suspended and the workshop scheduled for April 18 will postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
You will still see District staff performing maintenance functions, reading meters and repairing leaks throughout the District.
Current Water Efficiency Stage
Due to sufficient rain and ample snow pack, the San Juan Water District is operating in a Stage 1 drought condition which requires no additional reduction in usage. However, water efficiency is always required and the following requirements are always in effect:
- Water shall be used for beneficial purposes only; all unnecessary and wasteful uses of water are prohibited.
- Water shall be confined to the customer’s property and shall not be allowed to run-off to adjoining properties or to the roadside ditch or gutter. Care shall be taken not to water past the point of saturation.
- Free-flowing hoses for all uses are prohibited. Automatic shut-off devices shall be attached on any hose or filing apparatus in use.
- Leaking customer pipes or faulty sprinklers shall be repaired within 5 working days or less if warranted by the severity of the problem.
- All pools, spas, and ornamental fountains/ponds shall be equipped with a recirculation pump and shall be constructed to be leak-proof. Pool draining and refilling shall be allowed only for health, maintenance, or structural considerations.
- Washing streets, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, or buildings, except as necessary for health, esthetic or sanitary purposes, is prohibited.
- Customers are encouraged to take advantage of the District’s water efficiency programs and rebates.
San Juan Water District Water Efficiency Landscape (WEL) Garden
Located at 9935 Auburn Folsom Road in Granite Bay, this garden has something for all. Peaceful sitting areas are located throughout the garden area. Enjoy the tranquil pond surrounded by Asia-inspired plants. Tired of turf? Get inspiration from our various hardscape demonstrations and turf alternatives. Efficient irrigation demonstrations are featured throughout the garden, which is ever changing by incorporating new technologies and landscape designs. The WEL garden is open for free self-guided tours from 8:30 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday. If you would like more information or would like to schedule a group tour please call 916-791-2663.