Request for Proposals for the Water Treatment Plant Filter Backwash Hood Facilities Rehabilitation Project
Q&A for Hydrant & Valve Maintenance RFP
- Is there an engineer's estimate for this project?
- There is no engineer's estimate for this project.
- Is there a specific program that is used to enter the date you are requesting real time? Are we required to purchase it or is it provided through SJWD?
- San Juan will provide an iPad for use and the collected data will be entered directly into our City Works program.
- Is the contractor responsible for owning the GPS equipment and mobile equipment required to complete this work? or is SJWD providing it?
- The contractor will be required to provide the GPS equipment and mobile equipment.
- Is a valve turning truck acceptable to operate your valve? Or does is this required to be done by hand?
- A valve turning truck or a valve actuator is acceptable. The valves do not need to be turned by hand.
- Does SJWD provide a route that is requested or required to perform this work? Or is it up to the contractor to come up with the route?
- It is up to the contractor to route the work. We can provide assistance if needed.
- Is there any permitting that is required, or do we perform all flushing under your permit?
- The flushing will be done under the District’s permit.