New water rates becomes effective for charges incurred after January 1, 2019. The daily base rate will increase by 8%. The volumetric rate will not change and will remain at 0.92¢ per 748 gallons of water (or 100 cubic feet). This is the 3rd of the 5 rate adjustments adopted by the Board of Directors on April 12, 2017. As highlighted in the Proposition 218 notice mailed to all retail customers and discussed at the March 29, 2017 public hearing, the rate adjustments enable the District to:
• Fund necessary capital replacement projects
• Maintain and improve financial stability
• Meet required debt service obligations
• Maintain Board-adopted reserve levels, and
• Meet increased regulatory requirements
Customers may notice this adjustment on their February and March bills.