Skip to main content

FAQs for Contractors / Materails Suppliers

How can my firm be included on San Juan’s project Bid list?
Please submit your firm’s SOQ, information on specialty work, licenses held, work types that your firm is interested in performing, and a list of recent projects using the contact information provided for the SJWD Engineering Services Department. We will review your information and add it to our contractor list. This list may be used periodically to notify contractors about construction projects. However, as a public agency San Juan Water District is subject to the state public contract code and bids projects publically. Criteria and processes employed for evaluating and awarding Bids is provided with each specific project Bid.

What projects does San Juan currently have out to bid?
San Juan typically has several projects in the planning/design phase or in the bidding phase. Please refer to bidding opportunities for more information.

Where can I get a copy of San Juan’s Standard Details?
You may download a free copy here or obtain a hardcopy (for a small fee to cover printing and binding) at our main office located at 9935 Auburn-Folsom Road, Granite Bay, CA 95746.

What license must I have to work on or install SJWD water facilities?
Contractors working on or installing any SJWD facilities must have a C34 or Class A Contractor’s License, be in good standing with the Contractors’ State License Board, and be bonded and insured. SJWD will need to be listed as an additional insured prior to beginning work. The Contract Documents will provide additional information on licensing, bonding and insurance requirements.

More questions?

Please email your questions or call our Engineering Services Department at (916) 791-0153. We will respond as quickly as we can.