What is board member compensation and how does it compare to other agencies?
Board members are elected by a vote of the people. They are compensated with a flat per-meeting stipend set according to state law for the time they spend on San Juan business. This is common practice for special districts throughout the State of California.
- Carmichael Water District – $144.70 per meeting, no benefits
- Citrus Heights Water District – $145 per day up to 10 per month, no benefits
- Del Paso Manor – $200 per meeting up to 10 per month, $50/month contribution to health benefits
- El Dorado Irrigation District - $1,250 flat monthly, full healthcare insurance and 89.45% of dependent premium paid, $20,000 life insurance
- Fair Oaks Water District - $100 per meeting, up to $1,200 per month (limited to one paid meeting per day), no benefits
- Placer County Water Agency - $950 flat monthly, full dental and vision, $24,000 life insurance
- Rio Linda Water District - $100 per day up to 6 per month, no benefits
- Sacramento Suburban Water District - $100 per day up to 10 per month, no benefits
- San Juan Water District - $125 per meeting, up to 10 meetings per month, no benefits. In 2013 and 2014, San Juan Board members attended 6.6 meetings each per month for an average per-member stipend of $825 per month; this cost is shared between San Juan Wholesale and San Juan Retail
What are the expense reimbursement and guidelines for board members?
San Juan Board members are compensated $125 per meeting, up to 10 meetings per month. They do not receive any other benefits. Board member compensation is split between San Juan Wholesale and San Juan Retail. Please click here to view San Juan’s complete Compensation and Reimbursement for Board and Committee Meetings.